Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Remedial time management

One of the things that I always struggle with is my amazing ability to procrastinate and to sink into ridiculous or meaningless things, especially when there are dozens of pressing things on my list.  It is as if the longer and more ambitous the list, the more impossible it is for me to get any of it done.  And if I don't start my day off right, I can get sucked into a morass of inconsequential activities and make absolutely no progress towards any of my goals.

I have some upcoming goals and activities and I need to determine a way forward, outside of work hours to actually get done what might get done.  This includes some home organization projects, some cooking and baking projects and just as importantly, sewing projects, because I must have something excellent to wear.

The biggest event coming up is a birthday bash for my Mother-in-law, for which my husband and I have agreed to host a pig roast.  This is huge.  The birthday will be in the end of November (which could have any weather from cool fall to feet of snow) and we'll need to sort out all of the logistics, and prepare our home for the forty or so people expected to attend.

In other words, I need to make a plan, get my dear husband to agree to it, and implement it.  I feel like maybe I need a gant chart!

One thing at a time is my mantra at the moment, but if I don't get focussed, it will be a rush rather than a pleasure.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment